- Acknowledgement of the sacred relationship of Native peoples to the land.
- Acknowledgement of the essential role of Native peoples in preserving environmental integrity and biological diversity.
- Recognition of and support for the link between cultural and biological diversity.
- Support for the principle of Native self-determination.
- Defense of ancestral lands and indigenous rights.
- Commitment to cross-cultural interaction for environmental problem-solving, networking, movement building and peacemaking.
- Respect for all life, indigenous rights, environmental and social justice.
- Remembering the ancestors by honoring oral traditions and life affirming practices.
- Health and healing from historical trauma and oppression.
- Reciprocity with each other and native lands and waters.
- Intercultural dialogue and cultural intelligence.
- Ecoliteracy and nurturing the ecological self.
- Imagination and creativity for health, renewal, and community transformation.