- Acknowledgement of the sacred relationship of Native peoples to the land.
- Acknowledgement of the essential role of Native peoples in preserving environmental integrity and biological diversity.
- Recognition of and support for the link between cultural and biological diversity.
- Support for the principle of Native self-determination.
- Defense of ancestral lands and indigenous rights.
- Commitment to cross-cultural interaction for environmental problem-solving, networking, movement building and peacemaking.
- Respect for all life, indigenous rights, environmental and social justice.
- Remembering the ancestors by honoring oral traditions and life affirming practices.
- Health and healing from historical trauma and oppression.
- Reciprocity with each other and native lands and waters.
- Intercultural dialogue and cultural intelligence.
- Ecoliteracy and nurturing the ecological self.
- Imagination and creativity for health, renewal, and community transformation.
OUR CURRENT PROJECT LOCATIONS
CONNECT WITH US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
We are in the historic Thoreau Center for Sustainability
1060 Lincoln Blvd
Building 1016, 1st floor
Presidio National Park, San Francisco, California
The Cultural Conservancy
P.O. Box 29044
Presidio of San Francisco
Telephone: (415) 561-6594
Fax: (415) 561-6482
Photo credits on this page: Mateo Hinojosa, Melissa K. Nelson, Nícola Wagenberg